Uttarakhand, a north Indian state, bordered by Nepal and Tibet, is full of untainted natural beauty. It is fondly known as “Devbhoomi,” which means “Land of Gods.” The state offers tourists attractions like ancient holy places, mountains, forests, valleys and an abundance of trekking options to make your trip to Uttarakhand worthwhile. It is probably the first place, which will pop up in any trekker or adventurer’s mind while looking for some excitement. It has to be one of the most favourite destinations for people all around the globe for trekking. Below we list some of the best treks in Uttarakhand:
• The Valley of Flowers: This place is a bouquet of nature, beautifully nestled up in the West Himalayan Region of Uttarakhand, bestowed with the rare and exotic Himalayan flora. This place is an Indian National Park and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Valley of Flowers lies in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand, offering the diversified beauty of nature. It is situated in Bhyundar Valley at an elevation of 3,658 mts above the sea level. It is a heaven for trek lovers.
• Deoriyatal: It is located in Kedarnath Musk Deer Sanctuary and serves as a popular trekking destination because of its ease of access and tranquillizing Uttarakhand, a north Indian state, bordered by Nepal and Tibet, is full of untainted natural beauty. It is fondly known as “Devbhoomi,” which means “Land of Gods.” The state offers tourists attractions like ancient holy places, mountains, forests, valleys and an abundance of trekking options to make your trip to Uttarakhand worthwhile. It is probably the first place, which will pop up in any trekker or adventurer’s mind while looking for some excitement. panoramic beauty. It has an emerald lake perched at an elevation of 2438 mts above sea level. In early mornings one can see the reflection of Chaukhamba peaks on Deoriyatal’s crystal clear water. This is a cherry on top for the people trekking up here.
• Kedartal Trek: Kedartal is an exquisite lake, situated at the base of the Thalay Sagar peak (6,904 mts) and Brigupanth peak (6,772 mts). The view of the peaks on the lake is genuinely enthralling. It is one of the highest lakes in the Uttarakhand, situated at an astonishing altitude of 4,912 mts above sea level in Uttarkashi district of the state. It is about 17 km trek from Gangotri but the beauty is worth the effort. It does require previous trekking experience in the mountains.
• Chopta: Chopta, also famous as Mini Switzerland of Uttarakhand, is an artistic suburb that is still unspoilt by travellers. It is located at an elevation of astounding 2,680mts above the sea level, amidst thick forests of pine, rhododendrons and deodar. It is the best destination for trekkers, seeking solitude.
• Rudranath: Rudranath, the highly esteemed temple of Lord Shiva is peacefully embellished in the Garhwal Himalayas at an altitude of 2,286 mts. In the ambit of Panch Kedar Pilgrimage, it is the fourth temple to visit. This temple is the toughest one to reach in comparison than the other temples of Panch Kedar Pilgrimage. The trek to the temple can either be commenced from Helang village, Sagar or Urgam village. The best time to visit Rudranath temple is from September to October.
• Bali Pass Trek: Bali Pass Trek is one of the least explored treks in Himalayan Region. It is one of the toughest treks in Uttarakhand. It connects Har ki Doon Valley with Yamunotri. It is situated at an elevation of about 4,800 mts in the Garhwal Himalayan Region and the trek commences from Sankri, which is approximately 153 km from Mussoorie and 130 km from Yamunotri by road. This trek attracts trekkers during monsoon season when the snow starts to melt and the pass is accessible.
There are lot more destinations in Uttarakhand, loved by the trekkers and travellers around the world. It just doesn’t offer you trekking destinations but also an opportunity to experience the simplicity of village life and enjoy the great outdoors away from the crowds. One must visit Uttarakhand, at least once in life. Beauty and the spirituality of this place will certainly bring peace to your mind and body.
The Swiss Village is the most beautiful & unique place in Mukteshwar .The environment is very fresh. It is give to a positive feeling and heal your mind.